Tuesday 3 June 2014

Seen in the City: NYC Summer Fashion

I am always in Observer mode when walking around New York City. How could I not be? There's a feast for the eyes (and ears and nose too). I didn't go above 27th Street this visit, so these trends were spotted in the Village and Downtown, a funkier, more casual part of the fashionable city.



Among the big players:


  • Short skirts. I mean, short skirts everywhere, on everyone under 40. In pretty floral prints, stripes and polka dots. Some high-low hemlines, but mostly just high. Some with tights, but more with bare legs. If you can sew, I think you can make a wardrobe of summer skirts with two yards of fabric. ☺












Blake Lively has the look. Very fresh and feminine but 8" too short for me.




  • Rompers. Also on the younger women, and in charming summer prints. Often worn with a little tee underneath, and thong sandals. Adorable.













Cute rompers like this one were on every street. I don't think I saw a single romper last June, so

this trend has just hit hard. Still, not one I'll wear but I appreciate the modern/retro look.




  • Hats. For all ages. I saw more hats this trip than previously. Lots of menswear and vintage styles, and all looking fab. Despite my big head, I am inspired to try again after seeing the assortment in NYC.













Lots of fedoras, like this fetching example. She's also rocking the next trend:




  • Vans, Toms and other slip-on sneakers. In all colors and patterns, I saw these on both men and women. (Some walkers were wearing ankle booties, me included, and these still look on-trend.) I also bought a pair of cobalt Toms slip-ons and loved the comfort.













Snakeskin print Van's look modern with her city blacks-and-whites.












I bought a pair like these and really enjoy them.





What are you noticing around town that looks new for this season? Adding anything to your style repertoire?



Have a smashing day and stay fabulous,






















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management