Tuesday 13 May 2014

Coming Clean: What's Your Routine?

"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." -Thomas Aquinas












Drawing via TheCraftyMinx.com



I used to be a 100% shower person. Bath tubs were for rinsing out rayon dresses, or, on Friday night, sitting on the edge to shave my legs for the Big Date.



At our cottage, we showered outside almost every day! Our yard was private, and we had hot water, and it was so enchanting to shower while watching birds, cats, turtles and the occasional snake. Only one time was I "caught" by a bug exterminator guy, and I think he shrieked louder than I did.



In the last year, I've become a bath person. Not sure why, except perhaps because we finally have two bathrooms. Now I can luxuriate as long as I like. In the tub, I can: stretch out, think, plan, sing, sip wine (evening bath only), listen to music, audio books, or the baseball game. Lovely.



I only use the shower when washing my hair, twice a week. It's too tricky to get my head under the bath spout, trust me on this.



Some products for making the bath even more enjoyable:


  • Grapefruit Bath Bombs. These smell heavenly and are eco-friendly, too. I use them a couple of times a week.








  • Be Well Bubble Bath. This one actually helps soothe sore muscles, and has a clean eucalyptus scent. Long lasting bubbles, too.










  • A pretty or funky headband, to keep my hair out of my face and add a little glam.









“She felt faintly embarrassed by the sheer profusion of things she had for putting in baths, but she was for some reason incapable of passing any chemist’s or herb shop without going in to be seduced by some glass-stoppered bottle of something blue or green or orange or oily that was supposed to restore the natural balance of some vague substance she didn’t even know she was supposed to have in her pores.”

― Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul





Are you a shower or a bath woman? Or do you change it up, as the spirit moves? If you have a favorite bath product, please share below, and stay fabulous.





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management