Tuesday 9 July 2013

Birthday BurdaStyle - Copy Cat Challenge




It's my 28th birthday today which is really exciting! As something fun for today I have decided to share with you my latest sewing creation. A blue BurdaStyle jacket which was inspired by this Alannah Hill jacket below.







The pattern I used was the BurdaStyle handbook jacket which I have been wanting to make for a while now. I really loved this pattern, it was a fairly straightforward easy pattern to use. There are some really cute features of this pattern including the front pleats, curved bottom and back pleats. I used fabric covered buttons to match it perfectly and really loved how it turned out.










Close up of jacket - including fabric covered buttons.




Jacket undone.




Love the back pleats on this jacket!






I loved this pattern so much I am going to make it again with the jacket below as inspiration but with a plain black base and blue tartan sleeves and inside lining. This can be another part of our Copy Cat Challenge which I am running again with Ping (the copy cat wizard!). She has some really amazing outfits to come and lots of educational tips so we can figure out what makes Ping so creative when sewing!




New Girl - Red jacket from pinterest.



A few of my birthday presents this year which I cant wait to use includes a voucher to Spoonflower and Feminine Wardrobe: 21 Beautiful Skirts, Dresses and Tops for You to Make book seen below. There seem to be some really great reviews for this book so I'm looking forward to making some of the dresses!






Oh and stay tuned for some really great prize giveaways for entrants of the Copy Cat Challenge 2!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management