Tuesday 5 July 2016

5 STYLE TIPS FOR LAYERING THIS WINTER

Brrr it is cold outside. The temperatures are dropping significantly as the snow falls on the peaks and below. Sydney have been having really fresh cold mornings where layering can help keep the chill at bay. So many of us can be a little hesitant to layer for fear of looking bulkier than normal. This can be technically true but you can learn to layer to compliment your curves and enhance your silhouette. Personally being warm and stylish is a top priority for me.


Keep the layers under-neath fitted in fine fabrics preferably cotton as this is a natural breathable fabric. 

Play with texture. Incorporating a mix of fabrics for a warm and light weight with the heaviest fabrics on top.



1. Start by adding a cotton singlet. I tuck the singlet so no air travels to my core.

2. A long sleeve top making sure both are a snug fit to your body.

3. Layer a loose fitting shirt or knit over the top. I love wearing a longer line top with a shorter knot over the top. An extra layer for extra warmth.

4. Add a jacket and or coat.

5. My favourite is topping off my look with a scarf which I wrap around a few times and pull ip to cover my ears when their is a chill in the air. I love a fine wool scarf in a neutral block colour which I can accessorise with most of my wardrobe.





How do you layer?

Do you have your favourite pieces that you wear often throughout the cold seasons?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management