Friday 16 October 2015

New York City - wishlist and planning


Excitingly, I've booked myself a week's holiday in New York! I'm flying out at the very end of November, so we'll still be there for the first week of December when all the Christmas windows are going up and the big tree at Rockefeller Centre will be lit. I CANNOT WAIT.

I visited NYC in 2013 and had a pretty amazing time, but as is always the case when you visit somewhere that big and bustling, I felt like I barely scratched the surface. There's so much more I want to do and see and EAT - I'm going to be in serious planning mode this year.


Brunch
Last time, we had a great brunch at Sarabeths, but on the flight home I had a sudden realisation and wailed "We never had french toast!" Simply unforgiveable. So french toast has to happen this year (I've found a few potential spots) and I'm also very keen to have a long, boozy, sprawling brunch so I can feel like Blair Waldorf. Except legally old enough to drink. Pass me another mimosa, good sir.

Hotdogs
Can you believe I went to New York City and didn't have a hot dog? It's true! Well, half true. I had a tiny, disappointing one in Brooklyn, and I just don't count it. This year, I want one that's going to blow my socks off. Here's a starting point - maybe I should just work my way through that list!


A bloody good burger
We visited the secret burger restaurant which was a really great concept, and it looked amazing. But the burger itself was just ok - I thought it was a little flavourless. I think I'd like to go to 5 Napkin Burger, mostly because I love the name (and I am renowned for how many napkins I need when eating a burger) or The Spotted Pig, because EVERYONE says it's the best.

Cocktails
We didn't really do a lot of drinking last time. I KNOW. So this year, I'm very keen on visiting some of the finer drinking establishments of the city. Matt wants to go to a sports bar, I want to have cocktails, and I'd also quite like to find somewhere with an epic view to do some drinking from, too. All of this can be arranged. I found this list of rooftop bars - the Hudson Hotel in winter sounds AMAZING.


Doughnuts
Suddenly everyone who is visiting New York is instagramming these amazing looking doughnuts and I DIDN'T GET ANY DOUGHNUTS WHEN I WENT WHAAAAT. Yeah, so, I'm going to need some doughnuts. Any of these will do.

Touristy crap
As Matt hasn't been before, we'll be doing the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Times Square... all the touristy crap. But also lots of shopping, because Sephora.

But what ELSE should we do? Where should we eat? Where should we drink? What should we see? Where should I SHOP? Give me tips, people. GIVE ME TIPS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management