Sunday 9 August 2015

McCalls 6992 Jumper

I recently went to Spotlight (as you probably all did since they had $3.60 pattern sale) and stocked up my pattern stash. Even though I haven't even made a dint in the patterns I have already but I just couldn't help myself okay - a sale, is a sale! 

One of the patterns I grabbed was this cute and incredibly easy McCalls 6992 jumper. Since I needed some every day jumpers I then added a pile of knit to my purchase and overall they probably only cost about $10 each to make. It was great, especially since we've had a bit of a cold snap in Brissie! Okay, not as cold as other states but seriously we're sooks we can't handle the cold. 

The pattern itself had a heap of different versions and it was very inspiring - to the point I didn't even have to think about how to make this jumper look trendy. I almost made one of each of the different versions and I thought using lace for the front was a nice touch. 

Here are my pictures with my model Busta in the background. Somehow he always know exactly where to sit so he makes it into my photos.










McCalls Jumper 6992

Here is the pattern for those who haven't seen it yet.


Here are a few more versions...



Busta doesn't like to be left out as you can see below.





Here is Busta posing and looking up to the camera. Totally model worthy.





You would think I had treats in my back pocket but I assure you I didn't. They just love the attention!


These jumpers are a great addition to any winter wardrobe. If you get the right knit they are just perfect. They also only took about 30 minutes to make and incredibly easy - perfect for beginner sewers!


All of the fabric purchased above is from Spotlight and is really good quality. I especially love the thicker knit on the very left. This should do me for the week that will be cold in Brisbane until we get Spring and then I'll be back to sewing summery type outfits. Gotta love the Sunshine state!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management