Tuesday 16 June 2015

HAIR HOW-TO | GET THE COPPER OMBRE LOOK

Hair How To, Copper Ombre Hair on Friend in Fashion, http://ift.tt/1ajDb2H

DIY - Hair Colour at home…never fear...here's my how to…




A short while ago, I was invited by Schwarzkopf to participate in their hair colour and styling platform - Style Studio, with the challenge of attempting to recreate an on-trend, copper ombre hair colour look, wait for it…by myself!

 So initially, the thought of ombre colouring my own hair was a little overwhelming, but I've tried and tested a method and now I will share with you my step-by-step guide on how you can achieve this same result, in the comfort of your own home.

Hair How To, Copper Ombre Hair on Friend in Fashion, http://ift.tt/1ajDb2H

Before you get started, as with all ombre-colour, for best results, apply to naturally dark blonde to light blonde hair. My hair was already pre-lightened, so I'll share with you how to add your own copper twist - perfect for the cooler weather.


STEP 1. COLOUR PREP
Cover clothes, put on gloves, read instruction leaflet and perform the allergy alert test. (should be done 48hrs prior to application). Then do strand test to preview colour. NAPRO Palette shades should be applied to dry hair.


STEP 2. SECTION
Section hair into 2 low pony tails and secure with hairbands/elastics. Brush pony tails carefully. Gently backcomb the ponytails


STEP 3.
Mix your colour using Napro Palette Light Copper 9-7, add the Colour Cream to the developer bottle. Shake vigorously to mix.


STEP 4. APPLY
Massage the colour mixture into the mid-lengths of the hair, right under the separation of the hair bands/elastics. Repeat the same application for the second pony tail or other side. And then 5 minutes before it's time to rinse, use the remaining colour through the ends of your hair (this blends the colour naturally)


STEP 4. DEVELOP
Leave the colour to develop for 30 minutes, then rinse and condition.

Hair How To, Copper Ombre Hair on Friend in Fashion, http://ift.tt/1ajDb2H


 And there you have it - simple, easy to achieve copper ombre hair. I was really surprised at how easy this look was to create and I love that I have now have the confidence and flexibility of experimenting with different colours at home (or more likely, when I'm travelling and on the go).

The question is, which colour will be next…

Visit the Schwarzkopf Style Studio to see the video tutorial of how I created this look [HERE] as well as win some great weekly prizes [style-studio.com.au].

Hair How To, Copper Ombre Hair on Friend in Fashion, http://ift.tt/1ajDb2H



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management