Wednesday 27 May 2015

CHEATS RICOTTA GNOCCHI WITH NAPOLETANA SUACE

Last night I made ricotta gnocchi from scratch and it turned out perfect. So tender, light and fluffy. I find the ricotta gnocchi easier than the potato gnocchi as if you do not blend the potato fine enough the gnocchi mix can be quite chunky and course. (although I do not mind the extra texture).


I have to admit my daughter and I were quite pleased with result and it took no longer than 1 hour from making the gnocchi to enjoying the meal. I may have handmade the gnocchi but I cheated with the napoletana sauce. 

Ricotta Gnocchi

2 cups fresh ricotta, drained
1 cup plain flour
I egg lightly beaten
salt and pepper to season

* Place large pot of water with a pinch of salt and bring to boil.
* Combine ricotta, flour, egg, salt and pepper. 
* Mix until a dough has formed. 
* Roll out onto floured board and knead until smooth (do not over knead)
* Divide dough into smaller portions.
* Roll each section of dough into sausage formation. 
* Cut into 3cm pieces and once all pieces are ready add to the boiling water and cook until the gnocchi has risen to the surface.


While the gnocchi was cooking I heated a pasta sauce that I had in the pantry and slowly added a small spoonful of the gnocchi to the sauce until all the gnocchi was covered. I served with freshly grated tasty cheddar cheese and parmesan.

Do you sometimes take the easy way out when cooking a meal?

Do you have any tips to share?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management