Thursday 15 May 2014

What I Wore: Peacocks and Butterflies, and Color!

I am a neutrals-loving woman. My closet is full of navy, black, and ivory, and I like it that way. But I could get in the practice of wearing color, especially for summer. And especially if it's in the form of an easy, versatile sundress.



I showed the Alice dress by kika to you last week, and here's the delightful Charissa. It's the ultimate summer dress, with a box-pleated skirt and just the right amount of coverage up-top. The color's called "Peacock," a saturated azure blue. So I painted my toes sapphire, just to be bluesy.



The dress is courtesy of kika, a woman-owned and environmentally aware company. Made in the USA, too, yay for the home team.












Gladiator sandals by Steve Madden, thrifted. More knee-showing, hide the children.





I'm adding more color with a sheer butterfly scarf, courtesy of Scarf World. They have hundreds of offerings, in silk, chiffon and poly, and the prices are sweet. This style is large enough to serve as a wrap or a swim-bottom cover-up.














Dress and scarf play nicely together. Peacock and butterflies.














More colorful offerings from kika and ScarfWorld. The Delia dress, Mimi jacket and Cherries scarf.






Who knew a neutrals-woman could sneak over to the colorful side?



Have a sensational day and stay fabulous,









Friendly reminder: Visible Monday starts Sunday at around 5PM. Be there for visible merrymaking!




























0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management