Tuesday 29 April 2014

I Am A Comfort Queen, Are You?

I secretly have wanted to be a Dancing Queen, but I'm a Comfort Queen (I looked this up in the Urban Dictionary to be sure I wasn't some new kind of misfit). There are certain looks I love, but are just too painful to wear.



I see them all the time on Pinterest, and want to copy them, but I know myself too well: I hate to be uncomfortable, even for beauty. These looks often involve form-fitting skirts, fitted tops, sky-high shoes, and cruel jewelry.












Gorgeous, but I have to breathe, eat, and walk. ASOS.












So pretty, but I would feel it all day. Nordie's.






Because I am a Comfort Queen, who still wants to look good, I depend on pieces like these:


  • Slim but not tight jeans. I like some breathing room at the waist and thighs. I always "size-up."

  • Camisoles with built-in bras instead of real bras. This wouldn't be ideal for large-busted women.






  • Relaxed tees with relaxed armholes.

  • V-neck tops and blouses. Keeps my neck from feeling crowded! This top, from Nordie's has all the right stuff: roomy armhole, open neck and lots of style:








  • Low heels, wedges, and flats. Need I say more? These wedges from Nine West are right up my alley:








  • Jewelry I can't feel. Like this pretty resin bracelet from Kenneth Jay Lane. Or these colorful drop earrings.






  • Skirts instead of pants and shorts.




How about you? Will you suffer a little for the sake of style?

Have a lovely evening, and stay fabulous,





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management