Tuesday 28 January 2014

When Just The Minimum Will Do

My husband's flu got worse over the weekend. He was running a high temperature, coughing, and feeling generally like a boxer after twelve rounds.












Source



We decided to go to the Urgent Care Walk-In Clinic nearby, a very good decision indeed. Sandy was diagnosed with the Official Flu and prescribed some meds. He told me this morning "I just feel crappy today and what an improvement!" (Edited to add: now I have it too, darn it to heck!)



How does this relate to fashion? Not much. But yesterday's unscheduled medical visit caused me to put together the Very Minimum Acceptable look, and it wasn't too bad (Understand, if it were a medical emergency, I would go with him wearing my PJ's, retainer, and flip-flops). I wrapped a scarf around my hair, put on lipstick, and went with a look very close to this:














Source, and shopping info here.





I purposely wore the blazer and flats for a touch of business. I think it's good to dress "respectably" when going to see other professionals; it (unfairly) helps get the staff's attention. I was also in a hurry, so no button up shirts, boots, or jewelry, just the facts, ma'am.



How would you put yourself together for similar? Do you have a minimally acceptable outfit for those unexpected encounters? Skirt rather than jeans?





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I have the honor and pleasure to be nominated by Nicole of High Latitude Style for a Shine On Award. Nicole has a lovely blog and smart sense of style - and she posts from Alaska! She describes her style as "American Classic with a twist", and she specializes in layering for warmth, while staying chic.



Thank you Nicole! I love too many blogs to choose just a few to pass the award to, so please consider yourself Shined Upon, dear readers, and stay fabulous.










Here's an example of Nicole looking like her warm, stylish self:









Have a wonderful Tuesday.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management