Friday 24 January 2014

What To Wear To A Festive Funky Wedding?

Next weekend I am attending the wedding of my fabulous, funky, fashionable hair stylist Joy. She and her beau are tying the knot after many years together. A wonderful couple, they are.



Joy is wearing a 1950's style lace wedding dress and the groom is wearing a very cool cardigan over his shirt and tie. The refreshments will be provided by New York style food trucks (yes!) with knishes and bagels-with-lox among the offerings.












Her dress is similar to this one, but with long lace sleeves. Gorgeous, yes?



The dress code for the guests is not very strict, and there'll be a wide variety of styles represented. The wedding is in the evening. My handsome husband will wear a nice shirt and tweedy jacket. What about moi?



I don't want to go too conservative, as in my Calvin Klein gray sheath. Nor too casual, as in denim. Here are some fab dresses I've got my eyes on, and I'd love your input as well. Think vintage-y, lots of dancing, mostly younger people than me, festive and fun.














Keeping with the vintage vibe, this dress from Modcloth is

festive and fine for my shape and style.














This dress is lovely with its unusual print and emerald hue. It's above my pay grade, via

Anthropologie, but I can look for similar.














Not-so-basic black, with flirty details . Nordie's.














All-out vintage fabulous-ness. Great for dancing! Via Pinup Girl Clothing.






There's no wrong choice of course. It's not my big day, I'm just there to revel in the happy occasion. A glass of champagne lifted to the lucky couple!







We are ON for Visible Monday this weekend! The link-up will go live Sunday evening at about 5PM Eastern Standard Time.



We'll swing on through Monday. Please join us with your fabulous Visibility.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management