Tuesday 21 January 2014

What I Wore: Vintage Velvet Sgt. Pepper Coat

It hardly ever gets really cold here in Central Florida. But we had a couple of chill days and I finally got to wear my fabulous vintage 1960's coat. I bought it at a yard sale about six years ago - for under $10!



It's a real vintage beauty, heavy velvet in rich navy, lined in scarlet velvet and satin. There's no maker's tag. The details are military, with double breasted brass buttons and cuff detail. It weighs a ton, so I never take it on the plane to NYC, where the weather would suit it much better. Shall I ship it there next trip?














This day, I forgot to button it all the way - doh! And my jeans look baggy, thank you Mr. Camera.






















But the next day, I buttoned properly and generally smoothed out.

And yes, we have to tend to the lawns all year here in the south. But no snow shovels!















Here's a similar look via Etsy. Love the back details on this one.







And we have a winner for the Tea Stained Lace giveaway! It's lucky #2, Anne Bray of Spy Girl. Congrats Anne, I am sending your info to Dawn and she'll be in touch. You all, go check out Tea Stained Lace, it's packed with vintage goodies.



Have a glorious Tuesday and stay fabulous,





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management