Friday 17 January 2014

Friday Frocks #147 - Every beautiful thought's been already sung

So, I tried on this dress in Urban Outfitters in NYC, and was like 'Colour? Good. Print? Good. Material? Good. Neckline? BAAAAD.' Here is an illustration of how I felt about the neckline.






There are some things that I learned at a very young age and this is one of them - girls with boobs do not look good in a high neck. I'm really sorry if you're clutching your poloneck to your double Ds right now, wailing 'But I love it!' Look darling, I'm not going to tell you what to wear, so if you still want to wear it, you should wear it. But a v-neck or a scoop neck would look a thousand times better. I'm right about this. One day you'll accept it.



Like many busty girls, I constantly wish mine were smaller. And a dress like this makes them look double the size - not my desired effect. But what do you do when you like everything about a dress except the unflattering neckline and don't do sewing? You utilise that wasted keyhole detail at the back and you turn that baby round. Check it out!









Shoes - Office (old)

Cardigan - Debenhams

Necklace - Accessorize

Tights - Primark



Seriously, how much better does it look? My boobs are an acceptable size, I'm not making that weird face - suddenly this dress is a winner! I matchy-matched the heck out of this dress because I love a bit of matchy-matching. The shoes were an old sale bargain from Office (but you can get these similar shoes from Peter Hahn!) and even though they're a year old, I have somehow never worn them before. I don't know how, because they are amazeballs and oh, with the matchy-matching. MATCHING. I love some matching. It's come back around, too! I read it on the Cosmo website. Eventually, if you hold onto a trend stubbornly enough, it'll always come back around. I'm ignoring what they're saying about berets being passe. THEY'LL COME BACK AROUND.





~+~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management