Tuesday 24 December 2013

Small Town Florida Merry Christmas!

There's no snow, no chill in the air. But it's still a lovely sight in our small Florida downtown. I strolled around yesterday and fully enjoyed the beauty and good cheer of the season.



I dropped in on "my" thrift shop, Molly Mutt (aka The Cat Thrift). I could've had this darling tree, fully decorated, for only $2.50 (50% off Christmas stuff today):








A charming set of dishes for holiday dinner, only $30 for all:








Or a glam angel to watch over it all:













Yes, it was warm enough for midriff tops! (not on me).



Then a stroll down Main Street, and what! I ended up at my local, Meg O'Malleys.












Palm trees are bedecked with tinsel.



At Meg's the mood was festive, warm and inclusive. My bartender bought me a Merlot and we toasted a fine friendship. There was a bear in a tree:













Not an actual bear. Or an actual tree.



I'm neither religious nor very traditional. But I do revel in the spirit of peace and kindness that infuses this season. I hope your holiday is full of joy! Much love and cheer to you all, xox.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management