Tuesday 31 December 2013

Fabulous Over Fifty: Mary Steenburgen

I've always been a fan of Mary Steeburgen. She's a talented actor, song-writer, and humanitarian. Oh yeah, and gorgeous at age 60.



She got her "big break" in 1978 when Jack Nicholson discovered her and cast her in his western, Goin' South. Her career took off after that movie. I first noticed her in Time After Time (1979), and loved her then-curly hair. (She married her co-star, Malcolm McDowell).














I've watched this movie at least three times.





Steenburgen went on to win an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, for her work in Melvin and Howard. Since 1995 she's been married to actor Ted Danson, and they seem like a happy pair.














Beautiful hair and makeup, and I like the simple classic gown.














She took a chance with this novelty print dress, and she pulled it off nicely.

She doesn't need a lot of glitz to look good.














She gravitates to slim-fitting, bold-colored dresses for the red carpet.
















Another gorgeous, simple gown. The only accessories are luxurious earrings.



About aging, Steenburgen told an interviewer, "I'm 60, you can say it . . . I don't have a problem."



"We don't want to be reminded that life ends at some point," Steenburgen added, "so they don't put older people on the screen. I happen to be having really more fun that I've ever had in my whole life"



Keep having fun, Mary!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management