Saturday 23 November 2013

Party On, Fabulous (Office) Women

I am so not a party person. I am a true introvert, much preferring the company of my husband and a couple of close friends to a Group of People. But every December my boss hosts a Christmas party that must not be missed. We mental-health types let our hair down, drink some punch and get jiggy, as only the over-45 set can do.



The dress code is decidedly casual. There will be lots of jeans and relaxed shirts, a fair number of fun holiday jewels, and one or two fab dresses. I like to follow one of the following formulas to make my look a little more party than work-day. I call them my Party Pairs.




  • Festive trousers with a simple top. Velvet, lace or metallic pants are perfect for this kind of event. I might try a pair of sparkly trousers like these, by Michael Michael Kors:









With a simple solid top, in velvet or silk knit:












Silk knit tee by Seven for All Mankind. Simple on top, party on the bottom!








  • My other Party Pair is a sparkly top with dark denim jeans. If I go this route, I wear classic skinny denims and add a glittery top. Maybe a sequined or embellished tee, like this pretty one from DKNY:


















Or a shot of hot color to go along with the sequins.



That's about it for my collection of party-wear! What about you? Do you have lots of festive options, or a favorite LBD?







Visible Monday is on its "off" week this week, so we can recharge and refresh. ☺ We'll be back on Monday, December 2nd (actually, the Sunday evening before)!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management