Wednesday 16 October 2013

My Favorite Downtown Thrift, It Has Soul

I frequent lots of thrift stores in my small town (and lots more when I visit NYC!). My favorite remains Molly Mutt in downtown Melbourne, Florida. All the proceeds go to help the animals, for one. For two, I adore the staff there and it feels like visiting with old friends. And today, a gorgeous white German Shepherd befriended me. How does it get any better than that?












They have a fab art collection from local artists












There's a vintage Linda Ronstadt album for a buck. And the Cha Cha Cha Carnival.












It makes me happy that the cats and dogs benefit.












On-trend pink jacket! Only $6.












I asked Brian, the manager and my friend, to record my visit.

Yeah, it's still tank top weather.



Some of the treasures I have found at Molly Mutt over the years include:


  • A new-with-tags Versace pantsuit for $100!

  • Many gorgeous vintage leather handbags

  • A 1960's Hawaiian "wedding" dress

  • Sherpa-lined boots (still wearing)

  • A very cool nightstand from the '50's

  • An oil painting of a black cat, that I keep in my office

  • And so much more.




In turn, if I have a special piece, like a vintage dress that doesn't fit (rats), I always donate to Molly Mutt. Tell me about your favorite thrift in the comments, please, and about any spectacular finds you've made. Recycling is the best! And have a groovy, great Wednesday.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management