Tuesday 9 July 2013

A Tuesday Fun Poll: What Do You Wear To The Office?








When thrifting, I sometimes pick up back-dated issues of fashion magazines for a quarter. While paging through, I like to play games like: Is this advertised product still available, given it was supposed to eradicate wrinkles forever? Would I still wear those shoes? Is this model now old enough to drive? and etc.



In an old issue of InStyle I came across a fun series of survey questions, and thought I'd adapt them for us. After all, who has a better finger on the pulse of what women actually wear, than us blog writers/readers? So, please take a moment to answer these questions:












She looks a little too happy to be going to work. Is the secret in her left hand? Source.



What's your go-to work "uniform"?







Do you wear heels (over 2.5") to work most of the time?












The new days. Source.












The old days. Source.





My answers are:



Question #1: a skirt/blouse combination is my fallback. I prefer a full skirt and slightly fitted top. Easy dresses are my second go-to, like one of my Karina dresses that always fits and feels great. My workplace actually allows most any outfit that covers one's private areas, but I still like to dress up. It helps put me in "professional" mode.



Question #2: No, no, not for 20 years. I did love wearing heels back in my corporate life. The extra height felt great and they do marvelous things for the look of your legs. But now my feet tolerate only wedges and platforms and ballet flats. Fortunately, there are thousands of cool choices.



Over to you, dear readers. I can't wait to see what you have to say!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management