Monday 20 June 2016

5 WAYS I HAVE IMPROVED MY SLEEP

I was that insomniac that counted to get off to sleep woke 2-3 times a night taking what seemed like hours to get back to sleep. It pained me that I would count the hours I would get sleep from the moment I laid my head on the pillow allowing my self half an hour to get to sleep. I struggled for years. Only in the last year or so have I been getting the quality sleep my body craved for so long.



Firstly let me tell you that I do wake 1-2 times a night but I am sleeping better and waking more energised and feeling less tired during the day. I am more active than I have been for a number of years. Working, changing the way I move like taking stairs instead of the escalators or lift, moving quickly instead of slow and methodical.

GO TO BED WHEN TIRED

No matter what the time is, if your body is feeling tired then take yourself off to bed and turn everything off to sleep.


DROP YOUR CAFFEINE AFTER 3

I am a coffee lover whom always drank coffee until 5pm or after. I had an epiphany and dropped the caffeine after 3. It took awhile but I feel it has helped me sleep better.


WRITE IT DOWN

Do not ponder your thoughts for too long. If you wake or go to bed with things bombarding your mind write them down. This helps to clear your mind of un-necessary thoughts. I do have my phone beside my bed so I type my thoughts into my phone.


TRY NOT TO LOOK AT YOUR PHONE

Yes! I do look at my phone when I wake during the night but I am teaching my self to roll over and avoid touching my phone. Why risk yourself seeing something that may disturb your thoughts and then in turn your sleep?


BUY A SLEEP EYE MASK

A sleep mask is a must have for me. As daylight breaks and I wake I place the mask on and go back off to sleep. This is huge for me as I am an early riser and sometimes wearing an eye mask allows me to sleep for a few more hours.



What tips can you share that have helped you have a better sleep?



pic BellaMumma

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management