Sunday 14 December 2014

I used only the good notes

The holiday season used to be so joyful when I was young. I couldn’t imagine ever being sad during Christmas and the New Year. But then I became older and it wasn’t until after the children were grown and my husband became sick that I truly understood why people can become depressed at this time of year.


I had to force myself to put up the little tree this year but I’m glad I did now. I kept putting it off all morning and then finally, it clicked and it began to feel right. “Snap out of it,” I told myself in my best Cher impersonation. (Name that movie). And later in the day, I popped in one of my favorite Christmas movies, and I really began to feel better.


The Holiday, starring Kate Winslet, Jack Black, Jude Law, and Cameron Diaz is what I watched this evening. One of my favorite parts is the one with Jack Black, who writes musical scores for films, and Kate Winslet who is listening to one he’s just written for their new friend, 90-year old Arthur Abbott (played by Eli Wallach) . He’s also written one for her and he tells her that he’s used only the good notes. It’s very sweet.


DSC_4959 copy 2


My tiny tree in the windowsill of the living room. Some day I’ll have a regular sized tree again. But for now, this one suits me just fine.


This year, my sons and I are doing something quite different for Christmas. We’re taking a trip to Florida to spend it with my in-laws in their new house down on the Gulf Coast. I am really looking forward to it.


And now, a question . . .


What are your favorite holiday movies?


See you in the comments ~


123 Signature[5]


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management