Friday 10 October 2014

Bubbles and Lakes








Dog on a boat!



There are so many parts of the UK that I've been to on flying visits - either driving through or for work - that sometimes I forget that I haven't really been to them. The Lake District is one such place - I've been there for work a few times now, but I've never had the chance to properly see it or explore, so when my friends and I started discussing getting away for a long weekend in a cottage, the Lake District was one of my first suggestions. Even on a flying visit, it's impossible to miss how beautiful it is - the scenery is simply breathtaking.



It was lovely to get away from it all. We did the perfect mixture of doing things and doing nothing - we were right on the edge of Lake Windermere, so had a boat trip to Ambleside and a nice wander through the countryside. We also ate an incredible amount of cheese and wine. Like, really. You have no idea how much cheese my friends and I can put away. I love an excuse to get away, but even more I love it when everyone is on the same page, just as happy to be a bit lazy as not.













Waitrose, awesomely, sent me a crate of prosecco to share from their Italian Wine selection. I don't need any excuse to tuck in to some fizz, and we introduced the concept of a prosecco course which I will now be implementing into every dinner time, obviously. So that was my "Prosecco Moment" - good times, with good friends. And fizz. Fizz makes all times better, right?












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management