Thursday 19 December 2013

My Bad Hair Day Solutions

I have more frequent bad-hair days, as my hair continues to thin. I can still style it nice and fluffy several days a week, with mousse, clips and luck. I've had success using a dry shampoo on days two and three post-wash. The dry shampoo has the added benefit of giving extra body, and it smells nice. Right now I'm using TIGI Bed Head Rockaholic Dry Shampoo, purchased on sale for about $8 at Ulta.



As the curls flatten out, and the thin spots show more, I often call on my hair helpers:




  • Knit beret. This is a brilliant hairdo saver, in cool-to-cold weather. It's cute, stylish and allows just my bangs to peek out. I have a gray and a cream one, both knitted by a dear friend. Machine washable too.











Cute, yes? This one's from Charlotte Russe, but mine are hand-knitted.






  • Scarf with messy up-do. This is a great one for the office, where I don't choose to wear a beret all day. I pull my hair back into a knot and slip on an elasticated scarf. Then I tease and spray the top of my hair to achieve a slightly punky bad-ass look.













It's like this, but with less hair. Image via Pinterest.






  • Fake hair! I finally succumbed and bought a hairpiece, the Mid Top Extension by Tabatha Coffey. (She is the assertive hair stylist who starred in the Tabatha Takes Over television series.) The "topper" is synthetic hair that clips on to my crown, blends in with my real hair, covers the holes, and gives me more body. It doesn't look all wiggy or too poofy, just like more hair. And it can be curled or straightened, like real hair. Boss.













I could not order the lips but I got the hairpiece for under $100.



I haven't ruled out Rogaine, or a super-short haircut, but for now I am having fun with my work-arounds. When my head looks better, I feel better, it's a fact.



What are your (including you thick-haired ladies) tricks for a B.H.D? I love to hear all ideas. Have a fabulous Thursday.





Visible Monday is on its "off" week this week, so we can recharge and refresh, and do last-minute shopping? ☺ We'll be back on Monday, December 30th (actually, the Sunday evening before)!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management