Tuesday 3 September 2013

How Not To Get Bored

Does your clothing excite you?



Or at least not bore you?



Some wardrobe pieces are inherently dull for me. They're just born that way. But what bores me may thrill you and vice versa. So this is my personal manifesto, and of course I am nosy about what's boring-to-you.



Here are a couple of boring-to-me pieces, and how I give my creatures life! ☺




  • A plain white button down. It's on all the must-have, ten-essentials lists. But it makes me snooze. Solution: A mens shirt, or over-sized slouchy shirt, or one with a wee ruffle.













Snoozy on the left. It doesn't hurt that it's Isabella Rosselini on the right!






  • A plain white shell. You know, the kind we used to wear under our suits in the 80's. Snore! But a white "shell" can be versatile and a terrific layering piece. To keep me interested, make it a micro-fabric, fitted tank, like the ones from Adea. Smooth, slim fitting and with a scooped neck, it's the New White Shell for me.












Looks like me in the 80's, wearing a safe shell under my pinstripe suits. Gack! On the right, an Adea tank, ahhh.






  • A khaki A-line skirt. This screams "uniform" to me. As in, "Ladies, we want you all in khaki A-line skirts and white shells for the concert." But shorten it to knee length and add my over-sized mens shirt, a belt and cool shoes, it's a Whole New Thing.













Over here, community chorus uniform. On the right, shorten it up and add funky footwear.

(Brooks Brothers skirt)





That's how I work with potentially snooze-y pieces. Do you have any revival techniques to share?



Have a fabulous Tuesday,





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management