Wednesday 28 August 2013

It's Always "In" With Me

Certain wardrobe pieces are considered classics, for the ages, never "out." The usual suspects include the mythic trench coat, black pumps, white shirt, et al. They're classics for a reason: they are versatile and functional, and look good on many women.



There's another category that I consider "timeless", although the fashion mags have likely declared some of these completely dead. That's okay with me, I am not a fierce enough fashion devotee to notice. ☺



In my world, and closet, these are some of the "always-in" items:




  • Denim jackets. I understand they wax and wane in popularity, but they are rock-solid for me. I wear mine as comfort in the freezing movie theater, and to dress-down a more delicate look.











Yes, I'll even wear acid-wash! Source.




  • Peasant-style skirts. Wraps, dirndls, I love them all and wear them whenever I like. I did enjoy the 70's revival of several years back, when eBay was flooded with cool wrap skirts.













This is a favorite look of mine. Source.




  • A pussy-bow blouse. They were huge in the 80's when I was on the corporate treadmill. Now they look feminine and wearable, and there are tons of them available at vintage shops. I like to wear them with jeans and boots for mild Florida winters.











Source, but sold out, so sad.




  • Wedges. This is how I love to wear a higher heel. I've read they're on their way "out" in favor of slim heels, but I will wear them forever. I can wear them all day, and not fall down.











I will always love you, wedge. Source.




  • Bermuda "shorts". The only length I like, now that I'm closer to 60 than 50. There are lots of good looks available right now, and I could hardly find a pair five years ago. So yay, I am "in style", if ever so briefly.











Just add wedges. Source.





What are your "always-in, I don't care what the runway says" pieces? And do you ever have trouble finding them during the "off" years?







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management