Tuesday 2 July 2013

Vogue Says Overalls Are OK!

Well first of all, rules, schmules. Let's call them suggestions, observations or valued opinions. But these come from Vogue Australia: Eight Style Rules You Should Break. Do we dare to challenge Vogue? (To clarify, we do not challenge VOGOFF, that infallible beacon of style and life.) ☺



I've chosen just four of the "It's OK to break them" rules to reflect on, and the full slide show is worth a look:




  • Kitten heels. Vogue says "they're back, thanks to Valentino." I had no idea Valentino was responsible, but I do like these little heels, and apparently so do the First Ladies of two great countries. I like a bit of a heel, although I usually choose a wedge or platform.











You go, First Ladies.






  • Double denim. "Once banished for its Britney-and-Justin connotations, double denim has made a comeback." I like this look too (guess I am a hopeless rule-breaking fashion anarchist!), as long as my denims don't match too closely. And I love white denim with any other denim, any time.











Two denims can play nicely together. She's doing white stilettos too (see below). source




  • Overalls. "Last seen somewhere in your primary school closet, fashion's bravest are feeling the nostalgia and embracing overalls as a new statement piece." OK, yes for her, no for me. A thousand no's for me.













source





  • White stilettos. "Proving that the truly stylish can break any fashion rule, the while stiletto is no longer a no-go zone." Another Big No for me, but I do like this look on those who own it. It looks like a statement and a cool accessory.














I think she owns it, and the white heels are a nice bookend with the pretty blouse.




What say you all? Are you breaking these "rules", all willy-nilly? Are kitten heels OK for you, overalls a bridge too far, double denim a snooze? Are you writing your own rules?



Have a gorgeous day,





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management