Monday 10 August 2015

Sewing Pattern Inspiration

Copy Cat Pattern Styles

A good thing to have when you're trying to sew your own wardrobe is to find outfit styles that you like and ones that you know will suit your body shape. I made myself a Pinterest board where I'm constantly pinning dresses or clothes that I love. It's in hope that one day I may be able to sew some of them myself. Most of the time you can find pattern styles that suit the outfit perfectly! Then it's just a matter of finding the right fabric. 

Here are some of my Pinterest outfits and my matching patterns.

Left (Dolce Gabbana Collection Fall Winter 2014 2015)   -   Right Vogue 1404 Dress




Jessica Alba in Antonio Berardi from #InStyle   -   Vogue 1433 Dress 
Or for the pleats you could try McCalls M6833 Dress




Left Sirma Markover  -  right McCalls 6991

Free Pattern Tutorials

When I'm looking for some cute/free patterns I usually use Craftsy. This way you can find patterns you like, which then link through to the owners sewing blog. Most of the time those blogs then have even more free patterns or ones you can buy, either way. My latest find is Shwin and Shwin who have the most adorable baby/kids clothing!


Another one of her patterns which I hope to test out over the next week or so is the Baby Sweatshirt. It's just so adorable!


Secondly, although I have read this blog numerous times I'd like to point out See Kate Sew's blog for those free baby patterns. Her blog is just gorgeous and so inspiring! Here are a few examples.



And finally, here is another great free pattern blog, which I have recently used for her Baby Romper pattern - Melly Sews. You can find a huge range of pattern tutorials here and most of them are great for beginners!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management